LiveMine: 2020 Review
2020 brought new challenges and changes to the way we did business! From working from home to remote trials we had a busy year. We rounded up our key moments below:
- LiveMine was named one of 6 start-ups to watch out for in WA by the West Australian Newspaper. If you missed us you can read our post here.
- Brendan Parker our Commercial Director was nominated for the Business News Young Entrepreneur Award! He was up against some tough competition and was named number 72 on the top 100 list overall – a fantastic achievement and we couldn’t be more proud.
- In 2020 Brendan was nominated for not one but TWO awards! He was also nominated in the prestigious 40 under 40 awards. This award celebrates WA’s leaders and innovators under the age of 40. All entrants are also in the running for the Murdoch University People’s Choice Award. The winner is determined by you! Vote for Brendan here.
- Speaking of awards LiveMine was named by the CORE Innovation Hub as one of the top 30 hottest innovators!
- In 2020 were thrilled to welcome Sara Gunzburg, Michael Owen and Mark Banks to the LiveMine team.
- We focused on the importance of mental health in the workplace with a group training course lead by Altius Group. Additionally, our Director Bud O’Shannessy was a guest on the Life of Mine Podcast discussing the subject of mental health. Mental wellness is often muted in work cultures with a history of physical and mental toughness and we want to inspire and empower everyone to meaningfully connect with the people around them.
- We headed to Kalgoorlie for the Diggers and Dealers Mining Forum! It was fantastic to get together and showcase the progress made on projects and operations in 2020.
- We launched Version 3! Version 3 gives you even more control over your data. You can directly control everything from how the production information is reported from your operators, to how it looks on our web app.
- We completed our first round of funding. O’Shannessy commented: “Oversubscribing our initial target shows strong confidence in the direction of our company and products”.
What an amazing journey so far with more exciting updates coming this year! Stay tuned.